Laser Safety Awareness – 90 minutes
Availability: This course is available for Private Delivery only at this time. A minimum of 5 students is required to schedule the course.
This fundamental course is intended for users of Class 1 laser systems and operators of Class 1 industrial machinery incorporating Class 3 or Class 4 lasers, such as industrial laser cutting and welding machinery, laser measurement systems and similar equipment. This is a non-technical course and is intended to raise awareness of laser hazards and the control measures that are incorporated into laser systems to protect the user.
This program meets the requirements for user training outlined in ANSI Z136.1, Safety of Lasers.
- Fundamentals of laser operation (physical principles, construction, etc.)
- Bioeffects of laser radiation on the eye and skin
- Significance of specular and diffuse reflections
- Non-beam hazards of lasers
- Laser and laser system classifications
- Control measures
- Overall responsibilities of management and employees (based on ANSI Z136.1)
The Course includes a User's Guide to Laser Safety.